Entry 1 - 15 (combined) lbs lost... 185 to go...
Luiso and I have been together for almost 8 years. Wow!! Time does flies when you're having fun...Or...when you are just going through it "one day at a time" dealing with everything life throws at you. In these almost 8 years we have been through love, lost, changes, ups and downs, happiness, anxiety, good times, not-so-good times, Autism, "terrible 2's," "even more terrible 3's," I think you get the idea. Last Sunday, Luiso was reading from his "lover" (the phone) an article posted in CNN about a couple who combined have lost >200 lbs and I think he got inspired. In my case, I got "inspired" when reality knocked on my door, (uninvited) in the most hurtful and difficult way, witnessing my mom die of Cancer and other illnesses. People deal with grief in different ways, but nonetheless they need to go through their "5 stages." I jump from stage to stage. I'm between "anger" and "sadness." Especially, now that I see the boys in the development stage they are in, I'm "angry" that my mom didn't get to live and share this fun times with them, or with me. I'm angry that I cannot call her whenever I want to, nor "complain" when she called me 10x a day for no reason (but deep inside, I loved the attention she was giving me.) And when I get "angry," I get "hangry" - and I'm like a Pac-Man when he ate the yellow magic pill. I can eat anything and everything in front of me. Luiso on the other hand is way better than me in that aspect. He can control himself more. However, he usually follows my lead, which is not a good thing (most of the times, however, I do have 98% of being right...) As I've said before, "some ideas work better in my head that in reality." For example: "Eating Taco Bell seems wonderful and delicious in my head until I eat it and get a heartburn "de madre." Somebody told him in our Honeymoon that the formula for a successful Marriage is "Happy Wife, Happy Life" but also, sometimes, what in my head will make me "happy" can also harm me. Going back to our initial point, Luiso, getting inspired by what he read about the overweight couple (with 4 daughters) who got healthy and now they are "clean-eating nuts" and "marathon runners," - said..."we need to blog about progress and our journey." Which for me, it was "music to my ears." Those who knows me the longest, know that I love to write. I might not be the "greatest writer on the block," but I truly enjoyed the written word. Also, I'm an open-book. However, do to my mom's, "Ponce, Puerto Rico upbringing and my sister's; plus, 3 of my beloved best friends who I deeply admire and happen to be overly private, I felt constrained of my "need to talk and over-share." But now that my sweet, sexy, amazing husband gave me the "blessing" to "over-share" here we go!! :D (Yay!!)
What we want to do with this blog. 1) Become viral and someday- get published (even in Amazon books for free.) (Common' you know that everyone wants to become "viral' - let's be real, if not, people wouldn't write anything on blogs -Think about it! It is when a Beauty Pageant contestant says she wants "World Peace" when she really wants to be a "movie star" and marry a millionaire so she never have to work one single day of her life and get access to all the best Plastic Surgeons.) P.S. "I really, really want World Peace."
2) Lose weight for health reasons. (and to look pretty, too)
3) Be accountable. (in other words, be exposed to public humiliation if we don't lose weight after a reasonable amount of time. i.e. 6 months.
4) This year, Luiso and I will be celebrating our 7th Wedding Anniversary. I think it is called the "7 years itch?" Is that the case, at least we think we are with "someone else" with no need to "cheat nor break our God-blessed vows."
5) Because we both want to beat "Cancer" it its face. Preventive care, people....Preventive care is everything.
So far, we have accomplished the following. Smaller portions, "blessings in disguise" = me, hating the kitchen/cooking; plus, having to cook everyday have helped us tremendously.) Inspiration from people, here and far that has gone through their journey. Facebook, Instagram and social media. Because it is our "window" to the World. Eliminating as much artificial stuff as possible. i.e. Splenda, negative people, etc...Being aware that "everything has an audience" and there is a "study or a diet, for every single person in the World... Word. Saying this, I read everything, get overwhelmed with all the information, try to wrap my head around all the contradictory messages received...''eat wheat, don't eat wheat, eat meat, don't eat meat and so forth." and just use my Common Sense...
So far, we should be experts in the areas of "getting thin..."We have seen some of our 'life-areas' go "skinny" such as our finances, health, social life, careers, our family, etc. So, the one we need to get "skinny" the most, is the one we're working hard at it. Maybe, once we've conquered this one, the rest will follow...(in this case, I wouldn't mind if our health and finances get "fatter" in the good sense of the word.)
At the end of the day, we can't complain, reading this and going through what is "our life" - even our "hardest problems" are "blessings in disguise" and they all are "workable" - not by us, but by the Grace and Favor of God. Let's continue "praying" and "blogging" this "extra-weight" goodbye and keep believing that "the best is yet to come."
Until our next entry.
By the way....Luiso said: "My name is Luis (Luiso) López, and I approved of this message. :) and me too!
Best of luck to you both on this journey. Can't wait to read more and I'm sure you'll inspire a lot of us! ��
ReplyDelete