Tuesday, February 9, 2016

The "Year of the Monkey" aka 2016....

Happy Year of the "Monkey"  We are celebrating the Chinese New Year, and we are already a month and couple of days into 2016.  Also, in our family, we are one new year dealing with Autism and all its "surprises."  Plus, we are also into a new year of not really knowing what it is going to happen in our lives.  However, I think the World is in the same boat, because I'm still scratching my head with disbelief that Donald Trump is an actual contender to be President of the United States.  And most of all... I cannot wrap my head around that he has actual followers...But again, long time ago I made the conscious decision to be aware not to pass judgement on peoples' views and opinions because...."there is an audience for everything and anything under the sun..." 

I'm still trying to figure out this World we live in.  At 43 yrs old and 2 months.  Or as some mothers' like to tell age, at 518 months, I still don't get it.  I'm still confuse on what is the "rule" and what is the "exception."  When I think the "rule" will apply to me, I'm the "exception."  But...when I need to be the "exception," I almost automatically become the "rule." 
One interesting fact is that even though I would love for things to be "about me."  We all experienced being "the rule" because even though we would love to be the "exception" and make it about "me" - everyone is going through the same or something similar making all of us "me" to become "the rule."

Everyone is dealing with something.  I know that by heart.  For that same reason is I try my hardest to stay away from judgement and criticizing what I don't know.  Even though, "Perception is reality"  - in my limited and human understanding, "Perception is crap." Because if you cannot take the time to go deeper and see through "the perception" - then, you are part of the problem.  CRAP, I just passed judgement! (Oh, well...) 

I was taught the "rule" was to study, work hard, be honest, have integrity, and things were going to be ok.  You will be earning a good living because you pay your dues and did your due diligence...Nobody told me that the "rule,"  was going to become the "exception" because if you study, work hard, strive for honesty, have integrity, you will definitely become the new "poor."  

I know most of my middle class, professional, educated friends are struggling hard.  Struggling financially, emotionally and most of all, for those who are parents, they are struggling with the idea of trying to make sense of these "exceptions"quickly becoming the "new rules" and  how do we explain it to our children.  Because I know we are trying our hardest to raise a generation that at least can carry this screw up society on their shoulders and make something good with it.   How do we explain our kids, you have to study and work hard for what you want if we work, work, work, and can barely make ends meet to provide them with the basics.  And I'm not talking about luxuries, I'm talking about good healthcare services, a good education, opportunities to know other cultures, fair game to be awarded opportunities, to be who they are even though they are not blond, white and blue eyed.  Nor from European lineage nor a "Kardashian."  And I'm not going to enter the sexual preferences conversation,etc. because I have to accept I'm completely ignorant about it.  I just know  to each their own, and as my mom used to say: "You don't mess with people's happiness."

Anyway, in this new "Monkey" New Year, I hope we make like Monkeys in terms of being so smart and resourceful.  However, I do hope this year doesn't become "Monkey see, Monkey do" because I really, really wans some of the good "rules" we learned as "golden rules" not to become the "exception."  I would love in this New Year that equality, balance, fairness and love "rules" and that whatever is fake, superficial, selfish, and unreal becomes the "exception."  Most of all,  to not become the "See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil" kind of people, especially when lots of important topics and ideas are on the table to be discuss and reassess.

Happy New Year!!! 







No comments:

Post a Comment